We are delighted to say that AGH Solutions was well-represented at the recent Pride of Airedale Awards. We are extremely proud of our all nominees, and of course our winners!
The Unsung Hero Award was won by Jackie Jopson, who is a housekeeper on ward 6 at Airedale Hospital. Jackie was described as cheerful, kind and helpful, and a credit to Airedale for her work to improve dementia care on the ward. She was very surprised to receive the award; “I was delighted to have been nominated and am really proud to get this award. I’ve been on ward 6 for three years now – they’re a great team and I love my job.”
Charlotte Hemingway from Procurement was Highly Commended in the Apprentice of the Year category, which was an excellent achievement. Charlotte joined the team in October 2016 and was supported to complete her Level 2 Supply Chain qualification during her first year by The Business Training Company (Yorkshire) Ltd. She is currently working to Level 3 Supply Chain with Nelson and Colne College.
Our other nominees were:
- Domestic Services AHCP competency and knowledge workbook pilot team
- Estates Maintenance team
- Stores department
- Amy Denning from Finance
- Bev Newton, Housekeeper
- Maureen Davies, Ward Hostess
- Kayliegh Bowers from Procurement
Since the awards ceremony on 8 March 2018, other members of our company have won Pride of Airedale monthly awards:
- Teams from estates and security who worked long hours in arctic conditions to make sure access to and around the hospital site was kept clear of snow during the Beast from the East.
- Jean Cook, Domestic Supervisor, who helps and supports her co-workers, and always goes the extra mile.
Congratulations to all our award winners and nominees. Our staff are amazing, and it is great that they are being recognised by their colleagues and peers.